March 12th and 13th in Salmon Arm
Together with Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Salmon River Watershed Roundtable, we invite you to register for the 10th annual BC Interior Stewardship Workshop being held on March 12th and 13th in Salmon Arm.
We are putting the final touches on the agenda, but here’s a glimpse at what we’ll cover:
- presentations from local stewardship organizations
- update on the new proposed Water Sustainability Act and recent changes to the federal Fisheries Act (tentative)
- session on the proposed Shuswap Watershed Water Quality Program
- great networking opportunities
- field tour in the Salmon River watershed
- banquet dinner and award ceremony
The workshop is FREE to attend but registration is a MUST. Space is limited to 60 participants, so register soon to avoid disappointment. Registration is done quickly and easily online right here.
Book your Accommodation
Blocks of rooms have been reserved at special rates at the following two motels, both conveniently located near Highway #1 and the workshop venues:
- Salmon Arm Comfort Inn & Suites – $99/night, full amenities, hot/cold breakfast buffet included. Quote “Stewards Workshop” when you book. 250 832-7711
- Salmon Arm Super 8 – $72/night, continental breakfast included. Quote “Stewards Workshop” when you book. 250 832-8812
2014 Ecosystems Excellence Award – send us your nomination
Do you know a dedicated, hard-working steward or stewardship organization? Nominate them for the Ecosystems Excellence Award! Download a nomination form right here.
A detailed agenda will be sent out soon – stay tuned!
Feel free to send this invitation to your friends and colleagues working in stewardship.
Fraser Basin Council
200A – 1383 McGill Road
Kamloops, BC V2C 6K7
Associate Regional Manager:
Senior Regional Manager: