The initiative to post council members’ expenses publicly on an online, quarterly, detailed basis rather than the printed, 5 month after-the-year-was-over, aggregated basis that had been in place … is now up on the city’s website.
You can review the 2013 full year as well as 2014 first quarter expenses information via links here.
The direct link to the 2014 first quarter expenses is http://www.salmonarm.ca/DocumentCenter/View/875 .
The quick first quarter 2014 expenses summary (the link above has the line-item details):
- Mayor Cooper $1,451.87
- Councillor Cannon $1,450.46
- Councillor Eliason $2,131.88
- Councillor Harrison $467.55
- Councillor Jamieson $ 1,242.35
- Councillor Kentel $1,181.40
- Councillor Reimer $2,364.52
The expenses summary for the 2013 full year:
- Mayor Cooper $8,161.14
- Councillor Cannon $6,007.30
- Councillor Eliason $4,984.48
- Councillor Harrison $2,118.67
- Councillor Jamieson $2,048.67
- Councillor Kentel $711.07
- Councillor Reimer $9,143.61
Perhaps this information is not in great demand by many but it’s important, imo, to have timely and easy access to the expense claims of our politicos – at all levels of government.
FTR: Considered and voted on by city council – most recently put forward to council by me! Here’s one previous post link – https://salmonarm.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/public-scrutiny-of-itemized-expenses-and-conference-activities-good-for-local-government-as-well/