Your questions – your candidates – your votes!
After a successful Q&A series during the 2013 provincial election, Aim High will provide regional coverage of the declared candidates and their views in the following jurisdictions.
- Salmon Arm mayor and council
- Sicamous mayor and council
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) electoral area directors
- North Okanagan – Shuswap School District #83 trustees
See https://salmonarm.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/questions-responses-provincial-election-shuswap-candidates/ for how this looked in May 2013.
It works this way.
Aim High’s readership will have the opportunity to ask questions of the declared candidates in the upcoming local government elections. If you have a burning question for the candidates, click here for further information to submit it. Your questions should be geared to all of the candidates and not just for one of them.
Readers’ names won’t be used in the actual questions posed to the candidates. Given a number of similar questions on the same topic, a composite question will be put forward.
* Each question will be forwarded to the declared candidates a few days prior to the question actually being posted online here at Aim High. The candidates then email me their responses to be included with the initial question. There is a deadline date for responses which are then posted in the order that they are received.
Readers and the candidates can then discuss via the Comment section.
* Note: All comments for these candidates-related posts will be moderated for civility. See here for Aim High’s guidelines for commenting.
While this seems to be a tad early, there is no doubt that some fevers are already setting in and the fall election cycle will be here before we know it.