The “SLIPP 3-year Pilot Program” is now completed and a new Watershed Organization is being developed to Coordinate Water Quality and Safety in the Watershed.
The development is being spearheaded by the newly established “Shuswap Watershed Council” (SWC) consisting of elected leaders from Shuswap Communities, Regional Districts, First Nations, BC Govt. Agencies, Water Quality Organizations, and the Fraser Basin Council.
SWC partners agree it is very important that the public provide input into this watershed organization. SWAT Directors encourage all watershed residents to attend one of the 7 Public Open House/feedback sessions to learn what has been accomplished, what is proposed, and provide your input. We believe that affirmative and active involvement by the public is essential to protect our watershed water quality now and for the future.
The locations and dates are:
- July 9 Chase Chase Community hall 547 Shuswap Avenue
- July 10 Falkland Falkland Community hall 5706 Highway 97
- July 15 Sicamous Sicamous & district recreation Centre 1121 Eagle Pass Way
- July 16 Salmon arm Shaw Centre (intermissions restaurant) 2600 10th Avenue NE
- July 21 N. Shuswap- Scotch Creek Com hall 3852 Squilax-Anglemont Road
- July 23 Sorrento/S. Shuswap Sorrento Memorial hall 1150 Passchendaele Road
- July 28 Enderby/upper Shuswap enderby drill hall 208 George Street
Please forward this information and invite your friends, neighbors and community organizations to attend.
For more information see the attached poster and/or go to www.shuswapwater.ca.
From the Directors of SWAT