Mail-In Balloting is new for this election although you’re going to have to meet some tight timelines in order to use this option … and you’re going to have to register before October 15th if you want to be eligible.
Here’s the skinny:
– Salmon Arm Council has approved a Mail In Ballot for this election – that’s a good thing
– The application to be eligible for the Mail In Ballot is pretty straight-forward and is available via the link below or from city hall.
– The only way for anyone who wants to vote but who will be away before the first advance poll on Wed. Nov 5th 2014 is to register for a Mail In Ballot and you have to do this before October 15th.
That’s the start of the tight timeline but it gets even tighter.
– The actual printed Mail In Ballots won’t be available until late October (whether they are picked up (by you or a designee) or are mailed to your travelling address.
– To be counted, the ballots have to be received before the close of voting on General Voting Day (November 15, 2014). That gives 2-3 weeks max to receive the ballot and get it back into the hands of the electoral officer.
This will provide a further voting option for some folks but the ability to receive and return the ballots from international locations – exotic or not – may very well be tight.
More general election information for Salmon Arm is here.
The Advance Polls are:
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 and Wednesday, November 12, 2014
WHERE: City of Salmon Arm Council Chambers (500 – 2nd Avenue NE)
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m