PUBLIC NOTICE – FOR ALL USERS OF THE TRAILS SYSTEM
Please be advised that September thru December trails on crown lands are within hunting areas
Join us THIS Saturday November 8th for our Annual Fall Trail Stewardship Review and our Volunteer Thank You
See below for more details
Stay tuned for an additional E-Bulletin to come out in the next few days with our Mayor, Councillor & Electoral Area Director Candidates in our area – answers to the 2 questions the Shuswap Trail Alliance sent out.
Chainsaw Safety Course held on Oct 18 / 19th completed another 12 successful participants getting their tickets. Huge THANK YOU goes out to all the sponsors – BC Rec Site & Trails, Larch Hills Nordic Society, Shuswap Trail Alliance and other partners and stewards. Special thank you to Jim Ellis for all his time getting the course organized. A 3rd course will be held on November 22.
Here are the highlights:
- Important Bulletins
- Annual Fall Trail Stewardship Review – Nov 8
- Shuswap Cross race – Nov 9
- Warren Miller’s Ticket to Ride – Nov 14
- Shuswap Outdoor Club – Nov 15
- The Banff Mountain Film Fest – November 22 and 23
- South Canoe Trail Stakeholder Information Session – Nov 27
- Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Shuswap Bicycle Club’s – weekly and recurring rides
- Book a TrailRider for accessibility on trails
- Summer trail reports to email@example.com
Here are the details:
October 1, 2014: The Gorge Creek Trail is currently CLOSED until further notice due to public safety concerns. Numerous dangerous trees stand in the trail corridor, the bridge over the creek is out due to spring flood damage, and also of concern is the safety risk of crossing the Trans Canada Highway to access the trial head. Please do not cross the highway to the trail. We endeavor to address these safety concerns and reopen the trail in the future. (There is hope that a mitigation plan will be developed and the rail can reopen next spring).
RAIL TRAIL UPDATE
- As the days get closer and closer to negotiations between Splatsin and CP Rail to hopefully come to an end – local communities need to have working groups ready
- Shuswap Trail Alliance (STA) is calling out for help to campaign this legacy
- HAVE YOU voiced your support????
Annual Fall Trail Stewardship Review – Nov 8, 1:30pm
- 2014 Review of the season – 1:30pm
- 2014 General Stewardship Review – 2:30pm
- 2014 Trail Review – 3:30pm
- 2015 Schedule – 4:30pm
- Volunteer THANK YOU Celebration – 5:30pm – POT LUCK Dinner (Slides, T-shirts)
- WHERE: Little Mountain Field House
Please join us for the afternoon and a pot-luck dinner and if you can’t make the afternoon, bring your favorite dish and come down for the celebration.
RSVP appreciated – 250-832-0102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shsuwap Cross race – Nov 9
- The 2nd Annual Shuswap Cross Cyclocross Race,
- Sign up starts at 9am
- Klahani Park
For more information and equipment rules go to Shuswap Bike Club Cross Race
Warren Miller Entertainment’s Ticket to Ride – Nov 14
- Warren Miller’s No Turning Back – 7pm Fri
- Salmar Classic, doors open at 6pm
- Adults $15 plus GST
- 11 & under $10 plus GST.
For more information call Skookum Cycle & Ski – 250-832-7368
Shuswap Outdoor Club – Nov 15
- Nov 15 (Sat) – Annual potluck social plus show/tell (Presentations of members’ activities – any kind as long as it relates to the Great Outdoors). If presenting photos, please contact us before Sat. Visitors Welcome. Contact Gary (250-832-6522 or Connie (250-832-8729)
For more information call 250-832-8729
The Banff Mountain Film Fest – November 22, 23
Search & Rescue presents The Banff Mountain Film Fest for TWO nights this year. Come on out and support this very important fundraiser. Search & Rescue make everything we do possible.
- TWO NIGHTS – TWO DIFFERENT SETS OF FILMS
- Evening shows
- Tickets on sale now at Wearabouts- $20 pp per night or $35 pp for the 2 evenings
- Doors open at Salmar Classic – 6:30, Film starts at 7pm
- For more info call – Salmon Arm Wearabouts (250-832-5100)
South Canoe Trail Stakeholder Information Session – Nov 27
- Recreation Centre – 7pm
Please come out and join the South Canoe Advisory for this information session.
Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Guest speaker Phil McIntyre-Paul
- First United Church HALL – 10AM
For information please contact Fred Bird at 250-832-8173
SHUSWAP BICYCLE CLUB’s –. For more information on recurring rides and clinics please visit www.shuswapbike.com under Events and Rides
Book a TrailRider – Help get your friends and family with mobility challenges out on Shuswap Trails! The TrailRider program provides two TrailRiders (single wheeled chariot for an individual guided by two sherpas) available for anyone to book for the day (for a nominal $10 donation) The TrailRiders are remarkable, so well balanced, and easy to navigate on any trail (from easy flats like Salmon Arm’s Raven foreshore trail to steeper ventures like Enderby Cliffs.) Call to book today. Additional donations to purchase the third and final TrailRider are welcomed! Email email@example.com or call Debra at 250-832-1353. www.shuswaptrailrider.com
Keep those trail reports coming! – We need you out on trails! Use the one-stop clearing house to report trail clean-up needs, issues or repairs you see, or clean-up work you’ve done for all trails throughout the Shuswap to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.shuswaptrails.com. The trail report hotline acts as a clearing house to forward your notice to the relevant authorities and volunteers.
And keep that stick flicking going. . . Get out and stick-flick twigs and blow down off the trails! You can help by: a) just going for a walk with a stick to flick branches and twigs from the trails, b) contacting the trailreport hotline and getting assigned to conduct a formal inventory, c) coming out to one of the posted volunteer trail clean-up events, and d) hosting your very own volunteer trail day on a trail near you (contact email@example.com to find out how).