ARE YOU READY FOR THAT FLUFFY WHITE STUFF?? It’s coming…
MEMBERSHIP 2015 LETTERS went out in the mail today. For more detail on memberships and PAYPAL please see below for more detail.
THANK YOU to all the Mayor, Council and Electoral Candidates who ran in the 2014 Elections – for your leadership and your answers to the 2 questions we sent out for your thoughts on the importance of active transportation (walking and cycling strategies), greenways, and trails.
Need a night OUT after a day of play outside this weekend??? Don’t forget the ‘The Banff Mountain Film Fest’ has two different sets of films on TWO nights this year – November 22, 23
See below for more detail
Here are the highlights:
- Important Bulletins
- The Banff Mountain Film Fest – November 22 and 23
- Gardom Lake Management Plan – Nov 24
- Shuswap Photo Arts Club Presents Award Winning Photographer Norm Dougan – Nov 24
- South Canoe Trail Stakeholder Information Session – Nov 27
- Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Shuswap Trail Alliance Silent Auction & PARTY – Feb 6th, 2015
- Book a TrailRider for accessibility on trails
- Summer trail reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details:
MEMBERSHIP 2015 LETTERS went out in the mail today.
PAYPAL USERS – PLEASE NOTE: A quick note in regards to Paypal payments
- Please note: Paypal has a default setting when you register and state that it is for a subscription. The membership fee payment will automatically be withdrawn from your account on your anniversary date on an annual basis. Please note that this is a default in Paypal’s system and is not how the Shuswap Trail Alliance has requested it set up.
- If you prefer to NOT have it set up this way and want to pay annually yourself – please log-in to your PayPal account and unsubscribe after your payment has been sent. Thank You.
Sorry for any inconvenience
PUBLIC NOTICE – FOR ALL USERS OF THE TRAILS SYSTEM
Please be advised that September thru December trails on crown lands are within hunting areas
RAIL TRAIL UPDATE
- HAVE YOU voiced your support????
The Banff Mountain Film Fest – November 22, 23
Search & Rescue presents The Banff Mountain Film Fest for TWO nights this year. Come on out and support this very important fundraiser. Search & Rescue make everything we do possible.
- TWO NIGHTS – TWO DIFFERENT SETS OF FILMS
- Evening shows
- Tickets on sale now at Wearabouts- $20 pp per night or $35 pp for the 2 evenings
- Doors open at Salmar Classic – 6:30, Film starts at 7pm
- For more info call – Salmon Arm Wearabouts (250-832-5100)
Gardom Lake Management Plan – The CSRD has retained the Fraser Basin Council, a not-for-profit organization, to develop a lake management plan for Gardom Lake. The Council will coordinate and facilitate a collaborative planning process in order to develop an effective lake management plan. The planning process is expected to be complete by the spring of 2015.
A public meeting will be the first step in the planning process. The meeting will outline the planning process, will help identify key issues to address and will confirm a terms of reference, including stakeholder representation on a planning committee.
- Nov 24, 6pm
- Ranchero/Deep Creek Fire Hall
- Everyone interested in Gardom Lake is welcome to attend
Shuswap Photo Arts Club invites you to attend a nature photography presentation by award winning Norm Dougan from Logan Lake
- Mon Nov. 24, 7pm – 9pm
- Seniors’ 5th Avenue Activity Centre,
For more information contact Len Lazzarotto at 250-832-8407 or go to the photo club website at www.shuswapphotoarts.com
South Canoe Trail Stakeholder Information Session – Nov 27
- Recreation Centre – 7pm
Please come out and join the South Canoe Advisory for this information session.
Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Guest speaker Phil McIntyre-Paul
- First United Church HALL – 10AM
For information please contact Fred Bird at 250-832-8173
Shuswap Trail Alliance Silent Auction & PARTY – Feb 6, 2015
- Tickets going on sale in December – just in time for Christmas Stocking Stuffers
- Scarecrow The Band – booked and ready to party
- STAY TUNED
Book a TrailRider
- Help get your friends and family with mobility challenges out on Shuswap Trails! The TrailRider program provides two TrailRiders (single wheeled chariot for an individual guided by two sherpas)
- Email email@example.com or call Debra at 250-832-1353 to book
Remember: Let’s keep those trail reports coming! – The trail report hotline acts as a clearing house to FORWARD your notice to the relevant authorities and volunteers. firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.shuswaptrails.com.