Our neighbours have reached a deal with CN for Okanagan rail corridor
Let the DREAM of our own Shuswap North Okanagan Rail Trail become reality and be a Christmas Gift to each of us – GET YOUR SUPPORT LETTERS IN
STEWARDS AND VOLUNTEERS – if you have reached your goal of THREE VOLY DAYS out on the trails with us this year – we are proud to say our 2014 Voly T-shirts are in. Please contact us to arrange pick up for yours.
AND if by chance you missed picking up your 2013 Voly shirt let us know.
Call Lori @ 250-832-0102
AGAIN the STA TEAM thanks you for another great year. Without YOU there would be no Shuswap Trail Alliance.
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC CALL TO ACTION for Rail Trail Support Letter on our website has the updated email addresses for our new Council. Please discard old support letter.
Here are the highlights:
- Skookum’s Salty Dog ’15 registration – Jan 9 2015
- Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Shuswap Trail Alliance Silent Auction & PARTY – Feb 6th, 2015
- Book a TrailRider for accessibility on trails
- Summer trail reports to email@example.com
Here are the details:
RAIL TRAIL NEWS & UPDATES
Vernon Morning Star – Dec 1 2014
A coalition of Okanagan communities have signed a negotiated sales and purchase agreement with CN for the discontinued rail line between Kelowna and Coldstream.
“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to preserve a continuous, regionally-significant corridor with the potential to provide long-term public benefits for our residents,” said Doug Gilchrist, with the City of Kelowna on behalf of the regional partners.
“We are ecstatic to have reached a negotiated agreement with CN that both parties consider fair.”
The negotiated cost to secure the corridor is……. click here for more details.
RAIL TRAIL – call to all teachers
How would your class like to do some research on?
- Existing Rail Trails
- What other Rail Trail systems did to get up and running
- How we would use the Rail Trail if we got the OK to keep the Rail Trail from Sicamous to Armstrong public and non-motorized
Please contact Lori at 250-832-0102
HAVE YOU voiced your RAIL TRAIL support????
MEMBERSHIP 2015 LETTERS were mailed out. If you do not get one or are not a member but would like to purchase a membership please go to our website for membership form at: here
PAYPAL USERS – PLEASE NOTE: A quick note in regards to Paypal payments
- Please note: Paypal has a default setting when you register and state that it is for a subscription. The membership fee payment will automatically be withdrawn from your account on your anniversary date on an annual basis. Please note that this is a default in Paypal’s system and is not how the Shuswap Trail Alliance has requested it set up.
- If you prefer to NOT have it set up this way and want to pay annually yourself – please log-in to your PayPal account and unsubscribe after your payment has been sent. Thank You.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Skookum’s Salty Dog ’15 online Registration – Jan 9
- Online registration opens Fri Jan 9 at 8 PM
- Weekend of events – May 9 /10 2015
Anyone from 3+ can have fun in this bike event. Fun races for the smallest people, to medium and largest.
Shuswap Probis Club – Jan 15, 2015
- Guest speaker Phil McIntyre-Paul
- First United Church HALL – 10AM
For information please contact Fred Bird at 250-832-8173
Shuswap Trail Alliance Silent Auction & PARTY – Feb 6, 2015
- Tickets going on sale in December – just in time for Christmas Stocking Stuffers
- Scarecrow The Band – booked and ready to party
- STAY TUNED
PUBLIC NOTICE – FOR ALL USERS OF THE TRAILS SYSTEM
Please be advised that September thru December trails on crown lands are within hunting areas
Book a TrailRider
- Help get your friends and family with mobility challenges out on Shuswap Trails! The TrailRider program provides two TrailRiders (single wheeled chariot for an individual guided by two sherpas)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Debra at 250-832-1353 to book
Remember: Let’s keep those trail reports coming! – The trail report hotline acts as a clearing house to FORWARD your notice to the relevant authorities and volunteers. email@example.com or online at www.shuswaptrails.com.