Just a reminder …. important meetings starting next week.
Important Consultation . . .
The North Okanagan-Shuswap Board of Education is consulting with the public on changes being considered for September 2015:
• the possible closure of Silver Creek Elementary
• converting North Shuswap and Falkland Elementaries to Kindergarten to Grade 8 schools (from K-7)
• converting Ranchero to a Kindergarten to Grade 5 (with 6-7s going to Shuswap Middle)
• converting Parkview to a Kindergarten to Grade 5 (with 6-7s moving to Eagle River)
These recommendations are being looked at to help the district navigate through decreased enrolment, extra space in many of our schools, and fiscal responsibility. If you would like to share your rationale of why trustees should, or should not, consider any or all of these recommendations please email to email@example.com. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide input by April 21.
There will also be public meetings for each of the regions:
March 31 – North Shuswap Elementary at 6:00 p.m.
April 1 – Falkland Elementary at 6:30 p.m.
April 7 – Eagle River Secondary at 7 p.m. (for Parkview and Eagle River)
April 8 – Ranchero Elementary at 6:30 p.m.
April 9 – Silver Creek Elementary at 6:30 p.m.
If you have questions about these meetings please contact the Secretary-Treasurer’s office at 250 832 2157.
* from the school district’s Facebook page