Shuswap Paddle Month Public Paddle (also this evening) at the Salmon Arm Wharf for WOW!
And a volunteer trail day tomorrow, June 25th, 9 am to brush out the Eagle River Nature Trails (east of Sicamous). Meet at Cedars Campground. Bring gloves, bug spray, sunblock, water, lunch, hat. More info call Lori at 250-833-6131
Also – be sure to provide direction to the Shuswap River Boating Regulation survey online at: www.rdno.ca/boating.
More Highlights. . .
· Shuswap River Boating Regulations Survey
· Shuswap Paddle Month – All June
· Shuswap Outdoors Hikes – July 12 Balmoral to White Lake
· Bike for Your Life Century Ride Registration is Open
· Accessible Trails: Book the Trailrider
· TrailReport Hotline: email@example.com
and here are the details. . .
Shuswap River Boating Regulations Open House and Survey – The Shuswap River Watershed Sustainability Plan Working Group have been working on some of the implementation actions for the Shuswap River Watershed Sustainability Plan. In the various priority setting exercises undertaken during the plan development, pursuing boating regulations always came out as the highest priority. The SRWSP Workin Group is now at a point to undertake consultation specific to the proposed regulations.
For an ouline on the proposed regulations, including maps of the proposed boating regulation zones and a survey for your input, visit www.rdno.ca/boating.
This is an important initiative toward improving how we live and manage ourselves more sustainably in the region, including how we move and recreate on greenways and blueways. Please participate.
Shuswap Paddle Month – All June – its coming! A full month celebrating and promoting paddling throughout the Shuswap. Watch for updates at www.shuswaprowingandpaddling.com.
- June 5 – 14 – National Paddle Week
- Wed June 10 – Public Paddle Day at Marine Park WOW
- Thu June 11 – SD#83 POLE Program Dragon Boat Paddling
- Wed June 17 – Public Paddle at Marine Park WOW
- Fri June 19 – Dragon Boat Celebration and Banquet – Prestige Harbourfront
- Sat June 20 – 12th Annual Dragon Boat Festival & 5th Annual Outrigger Canoe Races
- Sun June 21 – Outrigger Canoe Small Boat Races / National Aboriginal Day Cultural Interpretive Paddle / Annual Father’s Day Fishing Derby – these 3 major events are all happening at Marine Park
- Wed June 24 – Public Paddle at Marine Park WOW
Shuswap Outdoors Club hosts group hikes, paddles, and cycle trips. For info call 832-8729. Next trip – July 12, Balmoral to White Lake Hike. 8 km (2.5 hr of easy hiking, including time for lunch + time for shuttle. Views! Chris 250-515-3342.
Bike for Your Life Century Ride Registration is Open– on-line registration is open at www.bikeforyourlife.com for the Saturday, September 19 Salmon Arm Bike for Your Life Century Ride.
Accessible Trails for Everyone: Book the TrailRider – two Trail Riders are available for booking out to use on trails throughout the Shuswap (minimal donation of $10). They’re a great way to get out on trails with friends who need mobility assistance. Visit: http://shuswaptrailrider.com/
And don’t forget to send trail issues and reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.