· seasonal term positions (mid July – Oct (Nov), 2015, pending funding)-Job Reference: 03
The Shuswap Trail Alliance is looking to recruit highly motivated team members ready to assist in the day-to-day implementation of 2015 Shuswap Trail field projects. Positions include field experience on a variety of trail development and maintenance projects, opportunities for workplace related training, and the chance to help facilitate the growing legacy of the Shuswap Trail network. Candidates should clearly state their level of competency, expectations for employment and related skills/abilities in both a cover letter and resume. The Trail Crew are seasonal positions to commence around July 22, with the possibility of renewal/extension for the right candidates. Compensation to be negotiated and commensurate with experience.
The position includes:
· Clearing corridor and building tread
· Building boardwalks, stairs and stiles
· Viewpoint construction
· Sign design and installation
· Planning assistance
Required/Desired skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of proper trail design and construction techniques
· Carpentry skills
· First aid level 1 and transportation endorsement
· S100 forestry fire fighting
· Back-country safety
· Class 5 driver’s license
· Knowledge of safe use of chainsaw, power tools and hand tools
The Trail Crew reports to the Project Operations Coordinator with the Shuswap Trail Alliance.
To Apply: submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 4pm on Sunday, July 19, 2015.