SOME IMPORTANT UPDATES:
Please be advised that September thru December trails on crown lands are within hunting areas
With Mother Nature finally cooperating with some rain after this year’s extremely hot summer and horrific fire season – we are now able to get those chainsaws back out onto the trails. After this past weekend’s heavy winds the trails will be in much need of some chainsaw TLC.
STA is also hosting another Chainsaw Course this fall. If you are on the list from the spring you will be getting a call once the date is confirmed. If interested please call Lori at 250-833-6131
HOSPICE FALL HIKES – 2 LEFT:
- Saturday Oct 3rd – North Fork Wild Phase 1 & 2 – Lead: Lori Schneider Wood
- Saturday Oct 24th – Syphon Falls – Dad (Mom’s) and Youngens hike – Lead: Jan Thingsted
TWO UPCOMING VOLUNTEER DAYS:
- Thursday Oct 1st – EAGLE RIVER NATURE TRAILS – Meet at 9 am at Cedars Campground parking lot – 10 minutes East of Sicamous. Come join BC Parks Rangers and myself (Lori) onThursday Oct 1st at Eagle River Nature Trails and get these amazing 7km of trails ready for winter sport. Bring: loppers, hand pruners, water, lunch (snack) and appropriate clothing. I will bring extra hand tools. For more information please call 250-833-6131
- Saturday Oct 10th – SOUTH CANOE ANNUAL FALL VOLY BLITZ – Meet at 8:30 am at South Canoe Parking Lot. Come join the South Canoe Advisory, Skookum and Shuswap Trail Alliance and play for the day up at South Canoe. Bring your favorite hand pruners and loppers, water and appropriate clothing. Hand tools will also be on site. BBQ lunch will be provided. For more information please call250-833-6131 (Yes we realize this lands on the Thanksgiving Weekend – and we are so thankful for your support and all these amazing trails in our area – grab the family, friends and company and come spend the day outside with us).
CANADA ROCKS CONCERT – FREE
- Saturday Oct 3 Meet at 4 to 6 at Ross Street Plaza. A free outdoor concert in hopes of increasing voter engagement, especially with younger adults. All four federal MP candidates confirmed to attend and a non-partisan group will be there sharing info about elections, voter ID, and registration requirements. Local musicians will play some music, JavaJive will provide coffee, Panago is donating pizza, and Downtown Salmon Arm is bringing juice and snacks. This is a casual event- interaction with MP candidates is on a voluntary basis, they aren’t giving speeches.
- For more information please ‘Canada Rocks Concert’ Facebook page – click here. By people RSVPing on the event page, They’ll know how much pizza and coffee to order.
We encourage everyone to get out and vote at the upcoming Federal Election. We have an opportunity coming up on Oct 3rd to meet the candidates for a personal (NO SPEECHES) chat. Be sure to ask them their views on ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION, GREENWAY TRAILS AND HEALTHY COMMUNITY ISSUES.